Auto Insurance

Why pay too much for you auto insurance? The independent agents at Rocky Mountain Insurance help people all over Butte and Southwest Montana save hundreds every year on their auto insurance. You don’t have to sacrifice service to save money. We now also serve all of Idaho.

Insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles and more!

Rocky Mountain Insurance & Financial Services can insure your Motorcycle, Classic Car, Motor Home & RV, Boat & Jet Ski, and ATV too! Request a quote now!

Montana – How much auto insurance is right for you?

Based in Butte, our Independent Agents understand the auto insurance needs of Southwest Montana.
Auto insurance requirements vary by state. In most states, to drive a vehicle owner must carry some minimum level of liability coverage to pay for losses that you may have caused to others.

Optional coverages include

  • No-fault coverage — to pay you and your passengers for medical and related expenses caused by injuries from a car accident, regardless of who is at fault often called MedPay, MedPay often can extend to you and your family if  injured as a pedestrian by another vehicle.
  • Uninsured / Under-insured Motorist Liability — to pay you for the losses caused from someone else who is not insured or whose insurance limits are exceeded. This is also know as UM/UIM.
  • Rental Reimbursement — Covers the cost of a rental car if your car is not drive-able due to a covered loss. Usually has a per day and total expense limit.
  • Loan / Lease “GAP” coverage — Extends the limit of payout of a total loss to help cover a loan. Called GAP or Total Loss coverage when sold by a dealership, it is coverage that is often much less expensive from your auto insurer than from a third party.

We write insurance in Montana and Idaho and would be happy to help you ensure you have the right coverage for where you live.

Full Coverage Insurance

To finance a car, it is usually necessary to have insurance which covers damage to your vehicle. Often called Full Coverage. this includes:

Collision Insurance
Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s how much you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost. This coverage is limited to the fair market value of your vehicle, unless special riders are available and chosen, such as “New Car Replacement” or “Agreed Value”.

Comprehensive Insurance (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Hitting an animal and windshield damage are usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible). And although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Every person is unique – Request your quote today to find out how to get the best price and value on auto insurance for you.

Rocky Mountain Insurance & Financial Services: Your Agency with Options. Call for a quote today at 406-723-3251.

Progressive  Safeco Insurance   Travelers Insurance

Discover how much we can save you.

We compare coverage and prices to find you the lowest premium while maximizing coverage. Call us today to save: (406) 723-3251!

request a quote